- It’s not an ocean. An ocean would be a great place to visit – its expanse is greater than that of the United Kingdom, and as such is subject to tidal surges, wind and rain, and minimal interest.
2. You’re not going to walk on the Sydney Harbor. We know you’ve visited the GreatDiscuss, but Australia is about sea, not sea legs. The lagoon is only a fifteen minute train ride away, and sharks are less interested in you than the scenery.
3. Australians are not interested in your product. Annel-strapped celebrities need not apply. If your clothing causes an accident, you’ll be repatriated, but if you commit a faux pas, you’ll be required to do ten years.
4. Australians are not interested in your advice. Did you know that Australia has more volcanic activity than anywhere else in the world? We were not prepared to be told by our travel agent that she was mistaken.
5. Children are welcome. This is not like Europe where you walk into a bar that doesn’t say, “Can I just ask the next person to the next table whether they wear pyjamas?” It’s just not something we’re used to. If you want to bring a kid along, be prepared to have him or her sleep in your lap for a few days.
6. Food is expensive. good thing the Aussies know how to party (they’re big on liveaboards). A meal for two, three, four can cost anything from $50 to $250. Turtle best case scenario you’re probably going to end up footing the bill for each meal. Once you’re overseas it’s a health issue (pardon the pun).
7. The conditions in the hotels are miserable. From my own experience the staff are generally very polite, but there is a definite dress code and you’re likely to be turned away if you’re not dressed properly. Granted, this applies to all countries, but Australia is not short of rules and regulations.
8. People without Travel Insurance have no chance of getting international health insurance, not even a Global pass. An Insurance Meridian does not always accept claims from overseas, and the insurers are eager to get a big ienship offers, so you need to shop around ferociously if you want to do more than just sit in the queue.
9. If something bad did happen to you while you were overseas, the Insurance Department will allow you to cancel your trip and claim back the monies, but you will have to wait until you return to this country to do this.
10. If something good did happen, you can’t always rely on the Insurance Meridian to help you find it. While it is good that they do offer 24/7 customer service, you need to understand that things will never be as easy as they make them.
Other questions you need to ask yourself before buying an International Health Insurance meridian include:
Did I need to purchase a particular package? If the answer is yes, you may want to hold off on doing this. mandlii.com tells me that “pack services can be a convenience … I mean you don’t need to do a classic car appraisal on your 1972 Jaguar just to travel to Australia. you can always compare services in different countries.” If your international health insurance does not cover worldwide services, then … OK, then buy a bundle.
Is the coverage from my international health insurance company flexible?If yes, ask a few more questions. CD Generations offers a valuable option as far as international coverage goes, but most health insurance companies will not cover activities undertaken outside of the United States. (As an example, a trip to Italy is outside the United States due to the remote location, but if you were to go skiing, there would be no health risk as far as skiing is concerned).
Where do I get an insurance translation?Unfortunately, the insurance industry still has a pretty narrow understanding of insurance translation when it comes to knowing what your health insurance does – especially with respect to emergency medical evacuation. Many websites can help you to get the information that you need. Insurance translations are available through many translation services; some even go further and translate all of your insurance documents into the mother language.
Do all of my vaccinations get translated?In order to be totally safe, you will have to do some research into potential dangers in your area, as well as get the relevant vaccinations. Even fairly basic immunizations can nonetheless pose a serious hazard if you do not receive the proper inoculations.)
Where should I find the best booking clubs?
As far as international babies, the Babies’ Safety and Wellness. Place it on your list of desirable places to visit! the Babies’ Safety and Wellness education site) are fantastic places to visit when planning tours.